Job Title: CPA Learning Consultant (Part-Time)
Location: Company headquarters - Midlothian, VA; opportunity to telecommute
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and skill
According to Sheryl Sanberg’s book Lean In, “43% of highly qualified women with children are leaving careers or off-ramping for a period of time.” Why? According to several studies, the number one reason is a lack of flexibility. And we’re guessing there might be a significant number of dads in the same situation. That got us thinking. Why not design a role tailored to the CPA who wants a career, but also needs flexibility as a parent?
Use your CPA to help others understand complex accounting topics, while being able to help out in your child’s classroom. Interact with other highly motivated professionals, while being able to go on field trips and attend your child’s sporting events. With GAAP Dynamics, it’s possible! This position offers flexible hours and the ability to work from home (telecommute). We’ll determine a mutually convenient work schedule and compensation structure, give you project-based, deadline-driven development assignments, and let you decide how to manage your time. Point is, it’s up to you; you have control over your schedule!
Working as part of a team, the successful candidate will perform all aspects related to the design and development of learning solutions for accounting and finance personnel and related to generally accepted accounting principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). These solutions include online, virtual, and in-person learning experiences that are either updated using existing materials or created based on new pronouncements or client specifications.
- Work with a team to design, develop, and produce training materials in a variety of formats including:
- Instructor-led training via PowerPoint
- eLearning using Adobe Captivate and/or Articulate Storyline
- Microlearning (e.g. traditional/explainer videos or short eLearning)
- Maintain CPA license and stay up-to-date on developments in the accounting, auditing, and regulatory space (both in the U.S., as well as globally)
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with ability to creatively and concisely explain complex accounting matters
- Be an enthusiastic team player that is highly adaptable and flexible to the unique needs of our clients and our growing, entrepreneurial company
- Manage projects and workload to consistently meet client expectations and deadlines
- Contribute to the company’s marketing efforts by writing blog posts, developing premium content, and drafting client emails
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in good standing
- Strong technical proficiency in U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS
- Knowledge of the current rules and requirements of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Required experience and preferred skills
- At least 5 years of recent experience with a large public accounting firm; Big 4 experience auditing public companies strongly preferred
- Experience with Office 365, especially PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Experience in corporate training design and development preferred
- Experience in Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, or other rapid authoring tools a plus
About GAAP Dynamics
GAAP Dynamics is a training firm founded in 2001 with nearly $3 million annually in revenues. Our mission is to share our passion for accounting by creating tailored and engaging learning experiences for our clients. We carry out our mission through the following service offerings: content, delivery, and advisory. We are experts in accounting under U.S. GAAP and IFRS guidance, as well as auditing under either PCAOB standards or International Standards on Auditing (ISAs). We are also professional educators who know how to keep the learner engaged, whether in the classroom or via eLearning. Most people don’t get excited about accounting and auditing requirements. We do! We bring energy and passion to everything with do. Experts. Educators. Energy. That’s GAAP Dynamics!