For the past 20 years we’ve basically hired Big 4 public company auditors that wanted to get the heck out of the craziness of public accounting, busy season and, to be honest, audit. As ex-Big 4 auditors, we have the unique ability to incorporate PCAOB auditing standards and U.S. generally accepted auditing standards (U.S. GAAS) into our U.S. GAAP and IFRS training. Like Hannah Montana sang, “It was the best of both worlds!” However, as Bob Dylan crooned, “The times they are a-changin” and the desire of our elder statesmen, who’ve been out of the audit game for 20 years, to effectively teach the new breed of auditors about current audit requirements and hot topics has come to an end.
We need new blood. A fresh set of eyes. Someone that eats, breathes, and sleeps audit, and likes it! This person should also be outgoing, personable, and fun, to quickly assimilate into our unique corporate culture. We realize we’re looking for a unicorn but truly believe that they’re out there (because what’s a world without unicorns and rainbows). Are you this mythical creature we’re searching for? Let’s find out!
Overview of the position
Do you like audit and have a passion for helping others be better at their jobs as auditors? If so, this job might be your jam. You should be an excellent communicator with the ability to teach complex and/or boring concepts in a unique and exciting way, focusing on the key learning points. You have a flair for presenting information in a way that is visually appealing and easily digestible. Finally, you love researching topics and analyzing data, including PCAOB inspection reports and deficiency trends.
Are you entrepreneurial? If so, you’re in luck! One of the most exciting aspects of this position is that you’ll oversee all the audit-related training content produced by GAAP Dynamics, including helping us strategize and build our audit eLearning library from the ground up. Instead of shying away from doing audit-related training, only begrudgingly doing it because our clients request it, we can proudly embrace our audit-related proficiency that you’ll bring to the table (and actively market and sell it to clients)!
This is a 100% remote, full-time position, although we can structure it to be part time (80%) if you’re the right candidate. Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Co-facilitate basic audit training via webinar to our existing client using their materials (Programs last 3-4 days, for 8 hours per day)
- Co-facilitate other webinars (1-2 hours each) as needed throughout the year (mainly the audit portion of our annual A&A update)
- Develop instructor-led training materials (PowerPoint slides and related facilitator notes) for new audit standards and hot topics
- Develop and review storyboards for our audit eLearning library
- Design a turnkey offering (i.e., training plan by level) of audit and accounting information to be offered to regional accounting firms to assist them in training their staff
- Research recent audit-related pronouncements, hot topics, and deficiency statistics within PCAOB inspection reports and publications
- Update our PCAOB eBook (annually)
- Produce audit-related blog posts (8 posts per year, approximately 600-800 words each) and other premium content (e.g., microlearning videos and practice aids)
Here’s our best guess as to the breakout of your responsibilities:
- Facilitating webinars, including time for preparation (35%)
- Developing audit-related training materials and storyboards, including strategy (45%)
- Producing our PCAOB eBook, audit-related blog posts, and premium content (15%)
- Attending internal meetings, keeping up with CPE, and other (5%)
Since this position is 100% remote, you must be a self-starter, able to work independently without being micromanaged. That said, you are part of a team so you should be confident in reaching out to others to either give or receive help. You’ll be respectful of others’ time, making sure deadlines are met or at least communicate when there are issues. You should always strive to make our product better (more effective), while looking for ways to improve efficiency. But, most importantly, you always try to do your best to help us deliver quality training to our clients…and have fun doing it!
This position requires a professional residing in the United States with the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in accounting/finance
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in good standing
- Strong technical proficiency in PCAOB auditing standards and/or U.S. GAAS
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS
Required experience and preferred skills
The qualified candidate has 4-6 years of CURRENT audit experience. While public company audit experience is not necessarily required, you should have relevant experience with understanding, documenting, and testing internal controls. And experience in corporate training design, development, and facilitation is a plus!
If you’re looking to make a change and this position sounds like something you might be interested in, please fill out this form or contact me directly. I’ll get back to you immediately to answer any questions you have and discuss compensation and benefits. I look forward to meeting you. I mean, who doesn’t want to meet a fellow unicorn!
About GAAP Dynamics
We’re a DIFFERENT type of accounting training firm. We don’t think of training as a “tick the box” exercise, but rather an opportunity to empower your people to help them make the right decisions at the right time. Whether it’s U.S. GAAP training, IFRS training, or audit training, we’ve helped thousands of professionals since 2001. Our clients include some of the largest accounting firms and companies in the world. As lifelong learners, we believe training is important. As CPAs, we believe great training is vital to doing your job well and maintaining the public trust. We want to help you understand complex accounting matters and we believe you deserve the best training in the world, regardless of whether you work for a large, multinational company or a small, regional accounting firm. We passionately create high-quality training that we would want to take. This means it is accurate, relevant, engaging, visually appealing, and fun. That’s our brand promise. Want to learn more about how GAAP Dynamics can help you? Let’s talk!
This post is published to spread the love of GAAP and provided for informational purposes only. Although we are CPAs and have made every effort to ensure the factual accuracy of the post as of the date it was published, we are not responsible for your ultimate compliance with accounting or auditing standards and you agree not to hold us responsible for such. In addition, we take no responsibility for updating old posts, but may do so from time to time.