Job title: Business Development Manager (Full-Time; Hybrid)
Location: Company headquarters - Richmond, VA
Our clients employ the “gatekeepers” within the financial reporting ecosystem (auditors and accountants), responsible for maintaining the public trust in our capital markets by producing high quality financial information that is decision-useful to investors.
However, they need help!
Accounting restatements are up, primarily concentrated in areas that require technical accounting and reporting expertise. Furthermore, based on recent PCAOB inspections and peer review, 40% of all audits are deficient, with one of the primary reasons being that the auditors did not understand the requirements of the underlying GAAP. This unacceptable audit deficiency rate is one of the reasons why auditing standard setters around the world are rolling out quality management standards (in the U.S. our new standards are effective December 15, 2025).
Enter GAAP Dynamics
We are a leading provider of accounting and auditing training and believe that best-in-class training increases knowledge, improves quality, and builds trust. GAAP Dynamics is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing education (CPE) and our clients include some of the largest companies and accounting firms in the world, including three of the Big 4.
Since our inception we’ve focused almost exclusively on in-person training, and our success in terms of profitability is highly dependent on big projects from our “whale” clients (primarily the Big 4). But this is all about to change! After years of investment, we now have over 150+ eLearning courses available on the GAAP Dynamics Learning Library to be able to offer our clients a blended learning solution that is scalable and affordable.
Unlike our competition which offers recorded webinars and downloadable PDFs that they expect you to read without falling asleep, our online, CPE-eligible eLearning courses include:
- Plain-English explanations of complex accounting rules
- Entertaining videos that keep you engaged
- Examples and disclosures illustrating “real-life” application
- Plenty of participant interactions - there’s no multitasking with our courses!
Most of our eLearning courses are ranked 5 stars by participants. Quite frankly, it is the best online accounting training in the market, and we need to get it into the hands of people that need it most…the gatekeepers
However, we need help. We need you!
GAAP Dynamics is seeking a results-driven experienced Business Development Manager, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Working closely with the company’s executive team, this newly created position will play a pivotal role in growing our client base, expanding our services to existing clients, and driving revenue growth consistent with our strategic objectives.
What You’ll Be Doing
Working as part of a team and reporting directly to the company’s Founder and CEO, the successful candidate will:
- Work with the executive team to develop and implement a sales strategy to drive business growth and achieve sales targets
- Have a strong understanding of the company’s value proposition, the services it offers, and our differentiators as compared to our competitors
- Identify prospects and leads for new clients through various sales techniques including cold calling, emailing, social media outreach, and researching our existing contacts within our CRM software (HubSpot)
- Participate in trade organizations and informal networks to develop, build, and sustain a robust set of professional relationships
- Develop and actively maintain a target account list on an ongoing basis
- Regularly and consistently use HubSpot on a daily basis to track leads, manage client interactions, and generate reports to ensure our pipeline is up to date
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing and prospective clients
- Lead sales presentations and conduct face-to-face or virtual meetings with prospects
- Negotiate and participate in pricing strategies
- Drive the business development process from lead generation to proposal and closure (obtaining a signed engagement letter)
- Work with the marketing and client service teams to ensure that we exceed our clients’ expectations
- Collaborate with the business development and marketing teams to create premium content to generate leads (e.g., webinars and downloadable content), as well as other client-specific marketing and selling materials
- Propose ideas for and participate in networking events, conferences, and trade shows to promote the company’s services and generate leads
- Identify and establish strategic partnerships with complementary service providers and business influencers to enhance our service offerings and expand our reach
- Provide feedback to leadership on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to our clients
- Be a brand ambassador that represents the company’s brand and values (we call ourselves “GAAPologists”)
- 3+ years of sales and/or business development experience, preferably in a professional services firm, with a proven ability to build client relationships to drive revenue growth
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university, preferably in accounting, finance, or related field
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and build and sustain long-term relationships with clients to meet targets and goals with minimal oversight and direction
- Excellent organizational skills to meet goals and set priorities
- High level of integrity and professionalism, with a strong work ethic
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and outgoing, with a positive attitude
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, in order to express technical and nontechnical concepts clearly and concisely
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Ability to travel, local and overnight, when appropriate
- Proficient using the latest technology, including MS Office, Google Workspace, and a myriad of virtual conferencing apps
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Recent experience with a large public accounting firm auditing financial statements in accordance with PCAOB auditing standards and/or U.S. GAAS
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, financial education, and eLearning technologies
- Experience using HubSpot or another customer relationship management (CRM) software
Compensation and benefits
The successful candidate will receive a true, guaranteed base salary of between $70,000- $80,000, commensurate with skills and prior relevant experience, and an uncapped commission structure. You’ll actually earn commissions on your very first deal! You’ll also be eligible for discretionary bonuses based on your performance and company profitability.
In addition to the generous compensation package, the successful candidate receives these additional benefits:
- 401(k) plan with guaranteed employer contributions of 3% plus additional discretionary profit-sharing contributions
- Generous paid time off (PTO) starting at 20 days and increasing with tenure
- Paid holidays (11) plus additional days (4) sporadically throughout the year, typically in the summer and around the winter holidays
- Fully paid parental leave for all new parents
- Internal and external training opportunities to keep up with your CPE requirements
- All the state-of-the-art technology (hardware and software) you’ll need to be successful
Founded in 2001, GAAP Dynamics is a training firm that provides tailored and engaging learning solutions to companies and accounting firms worldwide. Our clients include some of the largest companies and accounting firms in the world, including three of the Big 4. We believe training shouldn’t be a “tick the box” exercise, but rather an opportunity to empower your people to make the right decisions at the right time. Our training engages your people and guides them through complex accounting and auditing rules - saving you time, money, and mistakes!
Whether it’s online, in the classroom, or via webinar, we create high-quality training that we would want to take. This means it’s accurate, relevant, engaging, visually appealing, and fun!
- We always do what is right
- We put passion into everything we do
- We are accountable to our clients and each other
- We embrace work-life balance
- We win and lose as a team
To apply for this position, please visit this link on Indeed and submit your resume.
About GAAP Dynamics
We’re a DIFFERENT type of accounting training firm. We don’t think of training as a “tick the box” exercise, but rather an opportunity to empower your people to help them make the right decisions at the right time. Whether it’s U.S. GAAP training, IFRS training, or audit training, we’ve helped thousands of professionals since 2001. Our clients include some of the largest accounting firms and companies in the world. As lifelong learners, we believe training is important. As CPAs, we believe great training is vital to doing your job well and maintaining the public trust. We want to help you understand complex accounting matters and we believe you deserve the best training in the world, regardless of whether you work for a large, multinational company or a small, regional accounting firm. We passionately create high-quality training that we would want to take. This means it is accurate, relevant, engaging, visually appealing, and fun. That’s our brand promise. Want to learn more about how GAAP Dynamics can help you? Let’s talk!
This post is published to spread the love of GAAP and provided for informational purposes only. Although we are CPAs and have made every effort to ensure the factual accuracy of the post as of the date it was published, we are not responsible for your ultimate compliance with accounting or auditing standards and you agree not to hold us responsible for such. In addition, we take no responsibility for updating old posts, but may do so from time to time.