Technical Expertise, Big-Picture Perspective
Sometimes in business and in life, the greatest gift is perspective. We see so many organizations puzzle over a specific issue — say, preparing for a PCAOB inspection or choosing a direction for their training program. With so much on their plate, they usually exhaust internal resources and still aren’t certain they’ve found the right answer. Often, organizations are just too close to the problem to see a path to the best solution.
Our Advisory Services Provide Clarity, So You Find the Perspectives And Insight You Need
We offer a range of Advisory services, from informal consultation on specific accounting topics, such as implementing the new revenue recognition standard, to financial statement or accounting policy reviews. We can also assist you in developing a comprehensive training plan for your accounting and finance teams.
All of our full-time professionals are licensed CPAs with previous Big 4 experience auditing SEC registrants. Many of our professionals also have industry experience working in the accounting policy departments of some of the largest multinational companies in the world. So, we’re experts in U.S. GAAP and IFRS, PCAOB inspections, and auditing standards — and as professional educators, we have the unique ability to make sense of complex accounting rules, passing this knowledge on to your employees.
Technical Advisory Services
We offer a range of accounting-related advisory services to help you:
- Determine how specific accounting standards, like the new financial instruments standard, apply to your organization
- Research accounting guidance for specific transactions, such as consolidation or qualifying for hedge accounting
- Assess the impact of new accounting standards, like the new revenue recognition standard
- Examine your financial statement presentation and disclosures for compliance with U.S. GAAP or IFRS
- Determine whether your accounting policies comply with the accounting standards
- Consult on the conversion from U.S. GAAP to IFRS or vice versa
- Supplement your policy or engagement teams’ U.S. GAAP or IFRS knowledge
Training-Related Advisory Services
We can also assist you in designing a comprehensive training plan for the accounting and finance professionals within your organization. We’ll work with you to:
- Assess, compare and revise your current training program
- Propose additional, relevant course offerings
- Create measurable learning objectives
- Increase participant interaction and knowledge retention
- Determine the best delivery method for your training: instructor-led training, eLearning, or a blended solution
- Improve your post-course assessments
- Support your continuing professional education (CPE) credit awards
In today’s reputation economy, protecting your firm’s name and marketplace standing has never been more important. Just one PCAOB inspection deficiency or accounting restatement can damage the reputation you’ve worked so hard to build. But with proactive preparation, your firm can maintain its quality reputation in the marketplace.