Do what you do best and leave the training to us.
You realize your professionals need relevant, engaging training in order to meet their CPE requirements, improve audit quality, and reduce the number of audit deficiencies, but…
- Accounting standards are complex.
- Attending external seminars is expensive.
- Creating in-house training is time consuming.
- You’re overworked and understaffed.
On the surface, using internal resources to develop internal training makes sense. Dig deeper, though, and the advantages disappear.
Developing training materials in-house is not cost effective
Quality training takes a ton of time to create. In fact, whether you’re building a course to improve audit quality and prepare your firm for a PCAOB inspection, or developing your firm’s annual accounting and auditing update (A&A Update) training, it takes approximately 43 hours to develop just 1 hour of instructor-led training according to industry research. [Chapman Alliance and the Association of Talent Development]
So, a typical 1-day training, say your annual U.S. GAAP Update course, requires approximately 300 hours to develop, without even considering the time needed to prepare for and facilitate the course. Imagine all the revenue-generating work your professionals could accomplish during that time instead of creating a training program a task that isn’t one of their core competencies or even in their job description.
Save time, money, and mistakes with GAAP Dynamics.
Best instructors I have ever experienced in all my time with the firm. They were enthusiastic and dynamic, making the learning fun and interesting. They were extremely knowledgeable and very articulate in explaining the concepts.”
By partnering with GAAP Dynamics, your professionals are free to focus on what they do best. Whether remediating audit deficiencies noted in PCAOB inspections, understanding newly issued standards, or reminding your professionals of complex accounting topics under U.S. GAAP or IFRS, we can help. Our dynamic learning solutions ensure that your professionals are technically proficient and able to spend their time where it’s needed most – performing high-quality audits and making money for the firm.
Not only are we expert facilitators, but we also act as:
- Instructional designers who use our understanding of participants’ needs to help determine learning objectives and design applicable training. We create experiences for adult learners that make learning more efficient, effective, and appealing.
- Content developers who know what works in the classroom. We provide the right mix of lecture, cases, class discussion, and application-focused, relevant examples to keep your adult learners interested and engaged while meeting your learning objectives and budget.
- Subject-matter experts (SMEs) who are licensed CPAs with previous Big 4 experience and are experts in both accounting and auditing. We can help you prepare for a PCAOB inspection, address the new leases standard, and everything in between.
Course was customized to our type of client which is usually a point other courses lack.”
Bring your accounting training to life with a dual-instructor model - one instructor from your firm and one from GAAP Dynamics. Leave the accounting training to us, while your instructor handles the audit requirements, including firm-specific guidance and methodologies. It’s a winning combination!
Get your instructors ready to master the classroom and the content. Our train-the-trainer programs offer insights into technical content, including questions that may be asked and ways to break down complex topics for participants. We also give tips and tricks for presenting in the classroom environment to keep participants engaged.
We partner with some of the largest professional services networks in the world, helping them:
- Design international accreditation programs in both U.S. GAAP and IFRS
- Provide Industry-specific training to their professionals in banking, insurance, investment management, and real estate
- Develop and facilitate instructor-led training courses for technical accounting topics such as ASC 740 Income Taxes, ASC 815 Derivatives and Hedging, and ASC 820 Fair Value Measurement
- Convert live webinars into CPE-compliant self-study courses
- Transform existing instructor-led training into CPE-compliant self-study courses
For member firms and regional accounting firms we:
- Facilitate the firm’s annual A&A Update
- Help them prepare for PCAOB inspections or peer review with workshops designed to improve audit quality
- Act as a “sounding board” to determine the proper U.S. GAAP and IFRS accounting treatment on complex transactions
- Wow their clients with professional seminars on the latest ASUs such as ASC 606 Revenue from Contracts with Customers and ASC 842 Leases, including identifying implementation issues that they can discuss with their auditors after the course
And with GAAP Dynamics, you can rest assured that your training is in good hands! Check out this comment from a Learning and Development Manager of a technical advisory firm in California following a webinar that we facilitated for their staff regarding the accounting for business combinations in accordance with ASC 805:
That was a wonderful training! So smooth and professional. I got to relax! :-)”
Want to learn how we’ve helped accounting firms with their training needs? Check out these client success stories:
- Helping a Big 4 firm respond to the PCAOB with industry-specific training
- Preparing a regional accounting firm for their first-ever PCAOB inspection
- Advising a regional accounting firm on a challenging transaction
- Navigating NASBA requirements for CPE compliance
- Transforming live webinars for a Big 4 firm into CPE-compliant self-study
- Implementing a blended learning approach for a Big 4 member firm
- Helping a regional accounting firm convert ILT to webinars
And we can help you too! Let’s talk!