Do you enjoy digging into technical accounting literature to understand the impact a new pronouncement will have on a client or an audit engagement team? Do you take satisfaction in helping people understand complex accounting matters? Do you enjoy public speaking and facilitating training courses? If you answered "yes" to the above questions, we might have the perfect career for you! Use your CPA in a different way with GAAP Dynamics!
Working as part of a team, the successful candidate will perform all aspects related to the design and development of learning solutions for accounting and finance personnel and related to generally accepted accounting principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). These solutions include online, virtual, and in-person learning experiences that are either updated using existing materials or created based on new pronouncements or client specifications. Additionally, the successful candidate will facilitate accounting and auditing training courses to our international client base of accounting firms and multinational companies, with most of the travel being in the Americas. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to participate in corporate marketing, client proposals, and strategic initiatives.
- Work with a team to design, develop, and produce training materials in a variety of formats including:
- Instructor-led training via PowerPoint
- eLearning using Adobe Captivate and/or Articulate Storyline
- Microlearning (e.g. traditional/explainer videos or short eLearning)
- Facilitate approximately 40-45 training days per year
- Maintain CPA license and stay up-to-date on developments in the accounting, auditing, and regulatory space (both in the U.S., as well as globally)
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with ability to creatively and concisely explain complex accounting matters
- Be an enthusiastic team player that is highly adaptable and flexible to the unique needs of our clients and our growing, entrepreneurial company
- Manage projects and workload to consistently meet client expectations and deadlines
- Participate in client proposals and sales efforts
- Contribute to the company’s marketing efforts by writing blog posts, developing premium content, and drafting client emails
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in good standing
- Strong technical proficiency in U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS
- Knowledge of the current rules and requirements of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Required experience and preferred skills
- At least 5 years of recent experience with a large public accounting firm; Big 4 experience auditing public companies strongly preferred
- Experience with Office 365, especially PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Experience in corporate training design and development preferred
- Experience in Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, or other rapid authoring tools a plus
About GAAP Dynamics
GAAP Dynamics is a training firm founded in 2001 with nearly $3 million annually in revenues. Our mission is to share our passion for accounting by creating tailored and engaging learning experiences for our clients. We carry out our mission through the following service offerings: content, delivery, and advisory. We are experts in accounting under U.S. GAAP and IFRS guidance, as well as auditing under either PCAOB standards or International Standards on Auditing (ISAs). We are also professional educators who know how to keep the learner engaged, whether in the classroom or via eLearning. Most people don’t get excited about accounting and auditing requirements. We do! We bring energy and passion to everything with do. Experts. Educators. Energy. That’s GAAP Dynamics!